Wednesday 29 April 2015

MAKEUP REVIEW: MAC & MARY KAY FOUNDATION



FOUNDATION REVIEW


MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15 & Mary Kay Timewise Matte-Wear Liquid Foundation


MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15 ~ NW47


I've had this foundation for a few years now but I stopped using it around 2013. MAC cosmetics had a high reputation in releasing quality products so I decided to finally purchase a foundation from them. I chose the studio fix fluid as it's: oil free, a matte finish and contains SPF 15. It is also full coverage! The MAC Studio Fix Fluid foundation has all the attributes I look for in a foundation.
The Coverage
The coverage is amazing. I could use this foundation without concealer and that is a bonus! I have discolouration and an uneven skin tone so I'm always after a full coverage foundation. One layer does the job!

The Colour Match
NW47 is slightly lighter than my skin tone. I found that the shade NW48 is darker than my skin tone so I opted for the NW47. I don't mix this foundation as blending helps the foundation match your skin tone.

PRO'S:
~ I do not have to re-apply this foundation throughout the day it definitely stays on my skin for a full day. 
~ The matte finish and oil-free helps me stay shine-free!

CON'S:
~ This foundation does not feel lightweight at all. One of the main reasons I do not use this foundation anymore is because it feels very heavy on my face.
~ The smell of the foundation puts me off too. Unfortunately it reminds me of thick paint (the smell does fade away during the day though...)
~ Isn't a natural finish. 

Purchase Here ~ £21.50 
I purchased the foundation pump separately ~ Purchase Here ~ £4.00

             Mary Kay Timewise Matte-Wear Foundation ~ BRONZE 7


I've been using Mary Kay's foundation for several years but they re-developed their foundation. Since the new design I've been using Mary Kay for over 2 years. This is definitely my go-to foundation! It's made for: combination/oily skin, a buildable coverage, suitable for sensitive skin, oil-free and non-comedogenic. 

The Coverage
The coverage is a buildable coverage meaning layering the foundation until you find a coverage that suits your skin. With this foundation if I use one layer I definitely have to use concealer but if I use two or more layers I can use minimal concealer. I tend to wear more layers of foundation if I'm going out somewhere nice for full coverage.

The Colour Match
I'm in colour Bronze 7 and during the autumn/winter it does come out a little bit too dark for my skin tone but not noticeable at all! I got this foundation tested on me during the summer (not very smart of me) so it matches my exact skin tone during Spring/Summer. 

PRO'S
~ It feels ultra-lightweight and does not feel like I'm wearing foundation at all!
~ The matte finish gives me a mattified and shin-free look. 
~ The colour match makes my skin look effortlessly flawless!

CON'S
~ Buildable coverage means wearing more makeup when I'm going out. To get my ideal coverage I usually have to put 2-3 layers of this foundation. 
~ The packaging is in a plastic tube so it's very easy to squeeze out too much product :(

Purchase Here ~ £16.00




MAC Studio Fix        Mary Kay Timewise 
I hope this foundation review was good use to you! Any sale prices that may come up on any of the makeup products talked about will be updated as we all love a good bargain! 

Stay flawless! Stay pretty!

xoxo 

6 comments:

  1. I have a mary kay foundation, but I use it as a base for my highlight and not all over. I really like how it makes your skin glow!

    I've followed your blog xx
    http://mardeestyles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's an interesting way of using the Mary Kay foundation :) & I will check out your blog too
      thank you so much love!
      stay pretty xoxo

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Mac products, and i just read a book about Mary Kay from http://marykaytribute.com/HerLife.aspx and it was great. next step is trying out the Mary Kay line. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary Kay foundation beige 404 is equivalent to mac shade

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pls the mary kay 500 is equivalent to wot shade on mac. Quick answer pls

    ReplyDelete